A Separate Dimension

A while ago I watched an anime titled Kado: The Right Answer which tells a story about a visit from an extraterrestrial being from another dimension who offers technology unbeknownst to human. One of the technology is able to make people live in two realities simultaneously. Basically, it is a paradoxical technology which breaks the paradox itself. In the anime, this technology is specifically used to make people able to live without ever have to sleep. The given explanation is that a person using this technology can split their consciousness into different dimension. So while one of your consciousness stays awake in this dimension, your other consciousness can sleep in other dimension to preserve your energy.

The tech is called Sansa. WTF is Sansa?

I mean, isn't that amazing? Ever since a child, I always loathe sleeping. At first, sleeping is scary because I always felt like there is this monster waiting in the dark to eat me while I'm sleeping. Then, sleeping became a bother because I was so into playing my Playstation that I don't want to end the session at all. Nowadays, I only slept out of necessity or when I can no longer stay awake. All in all, I felt that my life can be so much better if only I don't have to spend so much time doing nothing. Do not interpret this statement as a sign that I don't enjoy procrastinating - Obviously, there is so much difference between doing nothing while you are awake and doing nothing when you are sleeping.

While it was not mentioned in the anime, I suppose this technology can be used for other purposes besides neglecting our physiological needs. Like, for example, imagine if you can work your brain to do a 4,000 words paper while jerking-off at the same time. I mean, you can currently do it in a prostitution site, but it's definitely different when you don't have to go to a public place and embarrass yourself. Obviously, I would rather keep all of my fetish to myself.

Going further from this premise, imagine if you can forever hide your ugly self in another dimension while preserving only your good stuff in this dimension. It's like a separation between public sphere and private sphere on a whole another level. In a way, there will no longer be a private sphere because you can always keep your private stuff to another dimension. The society will no longer be the same. No more gossip bullshit, no more scandal, every human will always be their perfect self. It's fucking great.

The fact that this anime was able to make me ponder about such possibility is really amazing. Unfortunately, the anime has to be ended in a shonen-fight style with a weird deus ex machina (which I admit quite surprising and far from cliche, but still a deus ex machina no less). I was like, dammit, your main protag is an ace negotiator, how could you not make a negotiation as the finale?

If you want to watch the anime, I suggest to watch from episode zero (yes, episode zero) to episode nine. Beyond that, it's a completely different anime that I could care less.

Comments

Popular Posts